At The Spa at Breedon Priory, we pride ourselves on providing a high quality, comfortable and safe environment for all guests and staff. Due to the nature of the business, we are conscious of the impact we have on the environment, and it is therefore our responsibility to minimise wherever possible any detrimental effects our operations may have.
In addition to delivering this commitment we will also:
- Understand the environmental impact associated with all of our operations.
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation.
- Incorporate environmental management into our day-to-day business practices where possible.
- Minimise the waste we produce and increase the amount we reuse and recycle.
- Wherever possible source environmentally friendly, local products and services
- Work with our guests, suppliers, and contractors to ensure we minimise our impact on the environment.
- Promote awareness and provide training for our employees to ensure environmental issues are kept at the forefront of everyone’s mind.
- Regularly monitor and report on energy use
- Review our targets annually.
- Identify and explore opportunities to reduce wastage.
In the last year:
- Water from our borehole is used for the spa pools, and within the spa.
- To conserve energy, we use LED lighting extensively across the spa and cover heated pools and hot tub when not in use.
- Food is purchased locally (within 50 miles) where possible. This includes a local honey producer etc.
- The aim is to create our own small Kitchen Garden to grow herbs, salads, edible flowers, and fruit.
- We have investigated alternative sources of sustainable and clean energy production which are projects in progress, including clean and sustainable sources for energy such as, solar PV production of electricity.
- We use an air source heat pump across the spa.
- Biffa Waste collects all cardboard which is bailed and/or separated and processed for recycling.
- We try to work digitally as much as possible to reduce paper waste; this is across all of our internal teams but also in relation to our sales and marketing – where we will reduce the use of a printed brochure in favour of a QR code and digital assets.
- All glass is separated on site and sent to a glass recycling centre, which will offset Carbon Dioxide.
- We work with a local family who collect our waste coffee for use in agriculture.
- Old towels, robes and blankets are to be given to a Homeless Charity.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually to ensure that it remains applicable to the activities at The Spa at Breedon Priory.